Our congregation envisions a future where lives are transformed in Christ and people are fully engaged with one another, and in the life and mission of the church. Here are the five areas of greatest congregational interest and core statements for each one. The statements are aspirational – but written as if they are true today:
- Practicing Transforming Worship – First Presbyterian Church transforms lives through Christ-centered, Biblically-based worship, setting a firm faith foundation. Music, preaching and prayer meet people at all points on their faith journey and send us into our community with the love of God.
- Expanding Mission – First Presbyterian Church leads people in our city and beyond into Christ’s kingdom by re-imagining key partnerships with other churches and community organizations.
- Leading Spiritual Formation – In the heart of the city, First Presbyterian Church is a leader in Spiritual Formation. We create vibrant communities actively learning and living Christian faith.
- Engaging the Next Generation – First Presbyterian Church is fully engaged in caring for all children, youth, and young adults, grounded in the teachings of Jesus. Each child is welcomed, cared for, taught, and mentored. In this community, together we gain the tools we need to trust God and serve people at home and around the world.
- Loving One Another – First Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community in Christ where every person connects, engages and cares for people of all ages and backgrounds.